The Council's Building Control team can help you with a range of building needs and requirements including:
- LIM reports.
- Building Consent applications and amendments.
- Project Information Memorandum.
- Building and plumbing inspections.
- Code Compliance Certificate applications.
- Compliance Schedules and building warrants of fitness.
- Certificate of Acceptance information.
New legislation came into force on 1 March 2012 with regards to Restricted Building Works. Click here>> for more information.
If you are undertaking any building, project or activity that may require consent or licence from Council under legislation or any bylaw, please check with Council prior to beginning. The cost of obtaining a consent or licence prior to beginning your activity is often far less expensive than the cost you will pay if Council has to undertake corrective action to obtain compliance.
News and notices from the building sector.
When a building consent is required and how to apply.
Legislation, policy and Council's role.
Consent application forms.
Customer & designer guides.
Land Information Memorandum (LIM) Reports.
Restricted Building Works: How these changes affect you.