On this page you will find details of upcoming and proposed road closures.
ROAD CLOSURE/S - CURRENT AND UPCOMING
CBD Renewal works - road closures in town
With the CBD Renewal works getting underway, it will unfortunately be necessary to carry out road closures while particular stages are carried out.
Part Tainui Street - Monday 3 April to Friday 17 November 2017 (note changed from 6 October)
Tainui Street from Mawhera Quay to Mackay Street will be closed as above. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this closure.
Pursuant to the Tenth Schedule of the Local Government Act 1974, notice is hereby given the following streets will be closed to ordinary vehicular traffic for the period indicated hereunder:
Greymouth Motor Cycle Street Races - Sunday 22 October 2017
Streets to be closed:
- Tainui Street - from the Railway Crossing to Mackay Street
- Mackay Street - from Noel Leemings to the roundabout
- Albert Street - from Guinness Street to Mawhera Quay
- Boundary Street - from Mawhera Quay to Leonard Street
- Leonard Street - from Boundary Street to Herbert Street
- Frederick Street - from Boundary Street to Williams Street
- Williams Street - from Leonard Street to Guinness Street
- Herbert Street - from Union Hotel to Roundabout
- Guinness Street - from Railway Crossing to Boundary Street
- Tarapuhi Street - from Guinness Street to Mawhera Quay
Date of closure: 22 October 2017
Time of closure: 4am until 7pm
Map of closure:
Road closure - Greymouth Street Races (PDF, 587KB)
PROPOSED ROAD CLOSURE/S
Pursuant to the Tenth Schedule of the Local Government Act 1974, notice is hereby given that the Grey District Council proposes to close the following streets to ordinary vehicular traffic for the period indicated hereunder:
"Ride the Wilderness" Cycle Event, Packers Quay - Saturday 18 November 2017
Streets to be closed: Packers Quay from Blaketown Club rooms to Tiphead end
Date of closure: Saturday 18 November 2017
Time of closure: 11am to 5pm
Map of closure:
Road closure - Ride the Wilderness Cycle Event (PDF, 224KB)
Any person objecting to the proposal is called upon to lodge notice of his/her objection and grounds thereof in writing before Monday 13 November 2017 at 12 noon at the office of the Grey District Council, 105 Tainui Street (PO Box 382), Greymouth.
Council does not look after State Highways - there are the responsibility of the New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA).
You can find up-to-date information on any closures etc on the NZTA website: http://www.journeys.nzta.govt.nz/traffic/regions/1...