On this page you will find details of upcoming and proposed road closures.
Road closure/s - current and upcoming
CBD Renewal works - road closures in town
With the CBD Renewal works getting underway, it will unfortunately be necessary to carry out road closures while particular stages are carried out.
Part Tainui Street - Monday 3 April to Friday 16 June 2017 *
The third of these closures will be on Tainui Street from Mawhera Quay to Mackay Street. * Please note that the road closure has been extended until Friday 16 June 2017 to allow for the street upgrade and CBD project to continue unhindered.
Tainui Street/Mackay Street intersection and Tainui Street/Mawhera Quay intersection - night time, Tuesday 18 April to Sunday 30 April 2017
The fourth road closure for CBD renewal works will be on the intersections of Tainui Street/Mackay Street & Tainui Street/Mawhera Quay from Tuesday 18 April through to Sunday 30 April 2017 between the hours of 6.30pm and 6.30am. This is to allow for the upgrade of reticulated services.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by these closures.
Pursuant to the Tenth Schedule of the Local Government Act 1974, notice is hereby given the following streets will be closed to ordinary vehicular traffic for the period indicated hereunder:
Please refer to road closures above.
Proposed road closure/s
Pursuant to the Tenth Schedule of the Local Government Act 1974, notice is hereby given that the Grey District Council proposes to close the following streets to ordinary vehicular traffic for the period indicated hereunder:
Westland Car Club Street Sprint - Saturday 17 June 2017
Roads to be closed:
- Herbert Street - from Leonard Street to 30m past Guinness Street
- Guinness Street - from Herbert Street to Boundary Street
- Boundary Street - from 30m before Arney Street to 43 Boundary Street
- Johnston Street - from Boundary Street to Ashton Lane
- Gresson Street - from Johnston Street to 30m past Arney Street
- Arney Street - from Gresson Street to Swainson Street
- Swainson Street - Whole Street
- Frederick Street - Whole Street
- Leonard Street - from Boundary Street to 30m past Herbert Street
- William Street - Whole Street
Date of closure:
Saturday 17 June 2017
Time of closure:
8am to 9pm
Map of closure - 17 June 2017 (PDF, 114KB)
Any person objecting to the proposal is called upon to lodge notice of his/her objection and grounds thereof in writing before Monday 5 June 2017 at the office of the Grey District Council, 105 Tainui Street (PO Box 382) Greymouth.