On this page you will find details of upcoming and proposed road closures.
ROAD CLOSURE/S - CURRENT AND UPCOMING
Marlborough Street between High Street and Shakespeare Street - 27/28 May 2018
Marlborough Street from High Street to Shakespeare Street will be closed from 4pm on Sunday 27 May to 6pm on Monday 28 May 2018. This is to allow work on Council's water main.
* Date changed from 23/24 May to 27/28 May due to current bad weather *
If bad weather or other conditions don't allow the works to be carried out during this time, they will be delayed until the same time the following day.
We apologise for any inconvenience this closure may cause.
Marlborough Street between Cowper Street & High Street - 30 April to 25 May
Marlborough Street from Cowper Street to High Street will be closed from Monday 30 April until Friday 25 May (updated). Please note this is a full closure, ie 24 hours a day. This is to allow for the roundabout installation on the High Street & Marlborough Street intersection. We apologise for any inconvenience this closure may cause.
Local road closures due to recent severe weather events
Last updated 5.15pm, Thursday 22 February 2018
- Cobden Tiphead road from Speedway - closed until further notice due to construction of new sea wall following ex Cyclone Fehi on 1 February
- Beach Road, Rapahoe - closed until further notice due to damage/debris from ex Cyclone Fehi
General reminder for people to take care and drive to the conditions as there may be debris or rough road surfaces following the storm. We apologise for any inconvenience these closures may cause.
Jellyman Park carpark currently open but subject to change
Council closed the Jellyman Park carpark (including the access road) on Wednesday 7 February as we started works on the new sea protection wall along Cobden Beach. However, the contractors are now going to access the area from the other end of the beach which means the Jellyman Park carpark is open again in the interim. This may be subject to change as works progress and we'll keep our website updated. People are asked to take care in this area. Cobden breakwater road will remain closed.
PROPOSED ROAD CLOSURE/S
Pursuant to the Tenth Schedule of the Local Government Act 1974, notice is hereby given that the Grey District Council proposes to close the following streets to ordinary vehicular traffic for the period indicated hereunder:
Westland Car Club Street Sprint - Saturday 16 June 2018
Roads to be closed:
- Herbert Street - from Leonard Street to 30m past Guinness Street
- Guinness Street - from Herbert Street to Boundary Street
- Boundary Street - from 30m Before Arney to 43 Boundary Street
- Johnston Street - from Boundary Street to Ashton Lane
- Gresson Street - from Johnston Street to 30m past Arney Street
- Arney Street - from Gresson Street to Swainson Street
- Swainson Street - whole Street
- Frederick Street - whole Street
- Leonard Street - from Boundary Street to 30m past Herbert Street
- William Street - whole Street
Date and time of closure: Saturday 16 June 2018, 6am to 8pm
Purpose of closure: Westland Car Club Street Sprint
Map of closure:
Road closure - 16 June 2018 (PDF, 862KB)
Any affected person objecting to the proposal is called upon to lodge notice of his/her objection and grounds thereof in writing before 5pm on Friday 1 June 2018 at the office of the Grey District Council, 105 Tainui Street (PO Box 382) Greymouth.
Council does not look after State Highways - there are the responsibility of the New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA).
You can find up-to-date information on any closures etc on the NZTA website: http://www.journeys.nzta.govt.nz/traffic/regions/1...