APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN
We are now seeking nominations for Civic Awards to be awarded in recognition of outstanding service of a voluntary nature benefiting the Grey District and its residents.
Up to five (5) awards will be granted. Please see below for full guidelines and qualifying categories.
Nomination forms can be downloaded below or are available from:
- Grey District Council, 105 Tainui Street, Greymouth
- Runanga Service Centre, Carroll Street, Runanga
- Grey District Library, Albert Street, Greymouth
Civic Awards - Guidelines and Nomination Form (PDF, 69KB)
If you have any queries, please talk to Sarah Conroy at the Grey District Council, 03 769 8623 or email@example.com.
Nominations close at 4pm on Friday 30 June 2017.
CIVIC AWARDS GUIDELINES
Purpose of Civic Awards
The Grey District Council likes to acknowledge the outstanding voluntary community service of our citizens.
Nominations for Civic Awards are sought in May/June each year and successful candidates are presented with their Award by the Mayor at a ceremony at Council.
- Nominations are sought in May/June each year.
- Up to five (5) awards will be granted each year.
- The successful candidates, with their immediate families and nominators, are invited to a ceremony where awards will be presented.
Guidelines for Civic Awards
- Nominations for an Award are restricted to individuals with at least ten (10) years community service. Only in exceptional circumstances will nominations of clubs or societies be considered.
- The qualifying categories include recreation, youth activities, social welfare, education services, cultural affairs, religious affairs, and community affairs.
- Individuals must be nominated by at least two other persons.
- To assist the selection panel, information given concerning nominees should include full details of their community service to all organisations, not just the one the nominators are representing. (Lack of detailed information could result in the nominee missing out on the Civic Award.)
- Nominees not successful in any one year may be re-nominated in subsequent years. Unsuccessful nominations shall not be carried forward to the following year.
- Note: Nominees who have already received a National or Royal Honour will not be eligible unless in very special circumstances.
Nominations are restricted to individuals, although clubs and societies will be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- Youth activities
- Social welfare
- Education services
- Cultural affairs
- Religious affairs
- Community affairs