Forms are often updated to include new legislative requirements so please use the electronic forms on this website OR obtain forms from the Council (rather than re-using old versions that you may hold).
Please refer to Fees and Charges for current building consent costs.
The Getting It Right First Time! booklet is your guide to the building inspection process. It has been developed to help prevent failed inspections and to save money and time. Failed inspections may result in additional costs that will need to be paid prior to the issue of the Code Compliance Certiﬁcate. Download your copy below.
Getting It Right First Time! (PDF, 147KB)
Building Consent Application Forms
Installation of a heating appliance
For help in completing this application, please refer to the example below:
Exempt building work
Restricted Building Works Forms
See the Restricted Building Works section for more information.
Certificates, Producer Statements and Systems Information
Owner-Builder Application Forms
Explanation: This form is used to show that the owner-builder criteria are met and is for Owner-Builders that want to use the Owner-Builder Exemption, allowing them to carry out Restricted Building Work on their own home.
Explanation: This Notice of Owner-Builder form is to be used during the construction process when the Owner-Builder starts or stops using the Owner-Builder Exemption and is for Owner-Builders who want to use the Owner-Builder Exemption, allowing them to carry out Restricted Building Work on their own home.
Specified System Sheets
- Compliance Schedule (PDF, 62KB)
- Application for Amendment to Compliance Schedule [Form 11] (PDF, 48KB)
- Automatic Sprinkler Systems [Form SS 1] (PDF, 22KB)
- Emergency Warning Systems [Form SS 2] (22KB)
- Security Based Emergency Warning System [Form SS 2.1] (PDF, 37KB)
- Automatic Doors [Form SS 3.1] (PDF, 24KB)
- Access Controlled Doors [Form SS 3.2] (PDF, 23KB)
- Interfaced Fire or Smoke Doors or Windows [Form SS 3.3] (PDF, 23KB)
- Emergency Lighting [Form SS 4] (PDF, 33KB)
- Emergency Lighting - Ecology [Form SS4] (PDF, 22KB)
- Escape Route Pressurization Systems [Form SS 5] (PDF, 22KB)
- Riser Mains Systems [Form SS 6] (22KB)
- Automatic Backflow Prevention Devices [Form SS 7] (PDF, 21KB)
- Passenger Lifts [Form SS 8.1] (PDF, 25KB)
- Service Lifts [Form SS 8.2] (PDF, 24KB)
- Escalators and Moving Walk Ways [Form SS 8.3] (PDF, 22KB)
- Mechanical Ventilation, Air Conditioning Systems and Cooling Towers [Form SS 9] (PDF, 22KB)
- Building Maintenance Units [Form SS 10] (PDF, 21KB)
- Laboratory Fume Cupboards [Form SS 11] (PDF, 19KB)
- Audio Loops [Form SS 12.1] (PDF, 22KB)
- FM Radio Frequency Systems and Infrared [Form SS 12.2] (PDF, 22KB)
- Mechanical Smoke Control Systems [Form SS 13.1] (PDF, 23KB)
- Natural Smoke Control Systems [Form SS 13.2] (PDF, 23KB)
- Smoke Curtains [Form SS 13.3] (PDF, 24KB)
- Emergency Power Systems [Form SS 14.1] (PDF, 20KB)
- Signs Relating to Specified Systems (ie for SS 1-13) [Form SS 14.2] (PDF, 22KB)
- Systems for Communicating Evacuation [Form SS 15.1] (PDF, 20KB)
- Final Exits [Form SS 15.2] (PDF, 23KB)
- Fire Separations [Form SS 15.3] (PDF, 25KB)
- Signs to Assist Evacuation [Form SS 15.4] (PDF, 24KB)
- Smoke Separations [Form SS 15.5] (PDF, 25KB)
- Cable Cars [Form SS 16] (PDF, 24KB)