Nominations and Guidelines
Nominations are currently closed
Nominations papers are shown here when nominations are open.
Further information can be obtained by:
- Phone: 03 744 7149
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations for the 2021 Civic Awards closed at 4pm on Wednesday 30 June 2021.
- Nominations are sought in May/June each year.
- Up to five (5) awards will be granted each year.
- The successful candidates, with their immediate families and nominators, are invited to a ceremony where awards will be presented.
Guidelines for Civic Awards
- Nominations for an Award are restricted to individuals with at least ten (10) years community service. Only in exceptional circumstances will nominations of clubs or societies be considered.
- The qualifying categories include recreation, youth activities, social welfare, education services, cultural affairs, religious affairs, and community affairs.
- Individuals must be nominated by at least two other persons.
- To assist the selection panel, information given concerning nominees should include full details of their community service to all organisations, not just the one the nominators are representing. (Lack of detailed information could result in the nominee missing out on the Civic Award.)
- Nominees not successful in any one year may be re-nominated in subsequent years. Unsuccessful nominations shall not be carried forward to the following year.
- Note: Nominees who have already received a National or Royal Honour will not be eligible unless in very special circumstances.
Nominations are restricted to individuals, although clubs and societies will be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- Youth activities
- Social welfare
- Education services
- Cultural affairs
- Religious affairs
- Community affairs