Governance of Council
Under the Local Government Act 2002, Council is required to produce a Local Governance Statement after each triennial election.
The statement explains how Council works and how it involves the public in decision-making and the aim of this document is to help everyone understands how Council operates and how they can have their say, therefore promoting local democracy.
It includes information on:
- Council functions, responsibilities and activities
- How Councillors are elected
- The roles and conduct of elected members
- Council meetings
- Public access to staff and elected members
- Key planning and policy documents