Media release - Creative Communities Scheme Awards Round 2
Creative Communities Scheme Awards Round 2
At a Committee Meeting held on Wednesday 24th May, six community groups were awarded funding from the Creative Communities Scheme – Funding for local arts, Te tono pūtea mō ngā manahau a te iwi kainga.
Council received a great response from the community with seven applications submitted by local community groups, for part of the $26,504.00 funding available. Applicants needed to meet the expectation of supporting at least one of the following criteria set by the Creative Communities Scheme.
- Access and participation: Create opportunities for local communities to engage with and participate in local arts.
- Diversity: Support the diverse artistic cultural traditions of local communities.
- Young people: Enable young people (under 18 years) to engage with and participate in the arts.
The project must take place within the Grey District where the application is made, be completed within twelve months of funding being approved and not have started or finished before CCs funding is approved.
The quality of applicants was high, so it was quite a challenge to decide. Council didn’t want to disappoint anyone; however, we believe that the groups and projects awarded funding will all help with meeting Council’s vision and expected outcomes. We look forward to following their progress and seeing the benefits this funding brings to our community.
The groups and projects that were awarded funding were:
- SuperBrain ProductioNZ - Cary Lancaster, Disney’s The Little Mermaid Musical 2023, $15,000
- Greymouth Art Group/Water Colour workshop, $550.00
- Magic Carpet Music Trust/ Music for Moana, $1,978.00
- Whare Manaaki/Taonga Puoro, $2,000.00
- West Coast Society of Arts/2023 Winter Creative Series, $3,930.00
- WestREAP, $618.00
Unfortunately, due to not meeting the criteria to receive funding, the application submitted by Andrew Ross Natural Worlds, costumes and textiles from around the world, was unsuccessful.
For more information about the Creative Communities Scheme please visit: https://www.greydc.govt.nz/03your-community/grants...
Grey District Council
Phone 03 769 8600