Good to go when you’ve gotta go in Iveagh Bay
Work to earthquake strengthen the public toilets at Iveagh Bay has nearly finished, and it’s looking great!
Contractor David McCloud has done a brilliant job replacing the wall linings, updating lights, fixing doors and reinstating partitions and fixtures.
There’s still a bit of work to do to put the final polish on – painting the outside, the floors and bench seats inside – but it’s now open to the public.
It’s great to have this much-needed public facility back in use and know that it’s fit for use for years to come. Thanks so much to everyone involved.
What has been done?
• Fix building frame and line ceilings - completed
• Frame and line walls
• Build backup pump room
• Update pathway to men's changing room
• Install automatic closer on men’s toilet door
• Install LED internal lights on sensors
• Repair men's changing room floor
• Reinstate partitions and fixtures