Land Information Memoranda (LIMs)
The Council provides prospective property purchasers with current and historical information on land and property.
Information on land and property is sourced from Council records, with the Council obliged to make it available on request under Section 44A of the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987.
Land Information Memoranda (LIMs)are comprehensive reports containing all relevant information the Council knows about a property or section.
A LIM includes:
- Any special feature of the land Council knows about including the downhill movement, gradual sinking or wearing away of any land, the falling of rock or earth, flooding of any type and possible contamination or hazardous substances.
- Information on private and public stormwater and sewerage drains held by the Council.
- Rates information.
- Any consents, notices, orders or requisitions affecting the land or buildings.
- District Plan classifications that relate to the land or buildings.
- Any other classifications on the land or buildings notified to the Council by network utility operators in relation to the Building Act 2004.
- Any other information the Council deems relevant.
People usually request a LIM when considering whether or not to invest in residential or commercial property.
Getting a LIM
To apply for a LIM, you will need:
- The applicable fee (for the current cost of a LIM, please refer to Fees and Charges).
- A Computer Freehold Register (Certificate of Title) less than six months old. Available from Land Title Services at Land Information New Zealand (phone 0800 665 463).
Land Information Memorandum (LIM) reports can be obtained on request from Grey District Council Customer Services Staff.
Please apply using the online form at the bottom of this page, alternatively, you can complete the form below and submit to Council along with your payment.
A LIM report takes up to ten (10) working days to process - excluding public holidays and the period from 25 December to 15 January.
Viewing property files
Property files can be viewed at Council offices. We are currently in the process of digitising our property files so they are now held off site and there is a 48 hour turnaround period from request to Council receipt of the scanned file. To make a property file request, please click here.