Page last updated: 19 October 2020
Labour Day Hours - Monday 26 October 2020
Bluelight Inflatable - Fun!
This Sunday 25 October 2020 the large Bluelight inflatable will be in the water from 12noon-3pm. Come down and join the fun!
Westland Recreation Centre Operations under Alert Level 2
From midday Wednesday 12 August 2020, New Zealand (with the exception of Auckland) will move to Covid-19 Alert Level 2. Auckland will be moving to Level 3. We will be closely following any update and advice of government and the Ministry of Health.
Please see below information on how Westland Recreation Centre will be operating under Alert Level 2, please see here for further information on Council facilities.
- Open normal business hours
- Contact tracing will be undertaken on entry
- Swim School: Some changes will apply to comply with the Ministry of Health guidelines - staff will be in contact with parents
- Gym: Physical distancing and restricted numbers will apply
- Stadium: Staff will be in contact with sport clubs and in order to comply with restrictions, there will be no spectators allowed
- Sauna will be closed, drinking fountains will be removed, hydroslides and water features will not be operating
- Supervised Play Area is closed
- Increased cleaning will be undertaken throughout the facility
- Maintain physical distancing of 2m from other people
- Practice good hygiene – please use the hand sanitiser where provided
- Stay home if you are unwell
- Gatherings in confined spaces are restricted to no more than 100 people
- Fully qualified and well trained lifeguards
- A high standard of water quality
- Robust health and safety systems
- Best practise policies and procedures
- Children under 8 years old need to be actively supervised by a parent or caregiver who is over the age of 16 years old. Actively supervised means watched from poolside or in the water with them.
- Children under 5 years of age need to be directly supervised (within arm’s reach) of their parent of caregiver, who is over the age of 16. Children under the age of 5 cannot be in the combined pool without their parent/ caregiver. Children under the age of 5 can be in the baby beach alone if their parent is still within arms reach of that child.
|Monday to Friday||3.30pm to 6.30pm |
|Saturday||12.30pm to 4.30pm|
|Sunday||11am to 4.30pm|
Seniors' gym special - just $5!
Check out this special deal for our senior citizens (65 years plus). Monday to Friday between 10am and 2pm, seniors can use the gym for just $5.