- Children are the responsibility of parents at all times. Children under the age of eight (8) years must be supervised by a parent or caregiver older than 16 years at all times.
- Please keep our facility clean and tidy at all times.
- Patrons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted into the Westland Recreation Centre.
- Alcohol, drugs, glass objects or knives are prohibited.
- An attempt to gain entry without paying will result in prosecution.
- Visitors’ bags may be searched at any time if a person(s) is suspected of trying to bring objects into the Centre which are not permitted.
- Anyone who is obnoxious, or whose behaviour is abusive or offensive will have to leave the Centre immediately.
- Patrons must always obey instructions from staff.
- Patrons need to ensure bags do not block emergency exits.
- Patrons are responsible for their valuables. The Centre accepts no responsibility for stolen or lost belongings.
- The Centre has a no-refund policy.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry. Refusal to comply with our facility rules may result in removal from the Centre.
- The lift is for the elderly and disabled – it is not a toy.
- Photography is prohibited in the Centre without prior approval. Official approval must be sought before cameras (digital, video or mobile phone) are brought into and used in our facility. Please talk to Centre staff to gain a filming permit.
- Children under eight (8) years must be actively supervised (able to provide immediate assistance) at all times by a caregiver aged 16 years or over.
- Children under five (5) years must be actively supervised (able to provide immediate assistance) in the water and within arm's reach of a caregiver aged 16 years and over at all times.
- Infants and toddlers under 3 years must wear little swimmers.
- The Sauna and Hot tub can be used by those 16 years and over only. If you are pregnant, have a heart condition or high blood pressure you are unable to use the Sauna or Spa Pool.
- Running, flips or bombs, hard balls, pulling or leaning on lanes rope, glassware or crockery are strictly prohibited in the pool area.
- Respect other patrons at all times.
- No food poolside.
Fitness Centre rules
You must be 16 years or over to use the fitness centre. Users aged 16 and 17 years old must provide written parental consent.
- Customers must follow the advice and guidance of fitness centre staff; failure to comply with this could result in you being asked to leave the facility.
- Customers must carry their own sweat towel and wipe down the equipment after use.
- Centre staff may request proof of payment or membership at any time and have the right to refuse entry.
- Correct footwear must be worn at all times - toes must be enclosed.
- Appropriate fitness clothing must be worn at all times.
- Free weights must be returned to the weight tree or rack after use.
- Be considerate of others whilst using the fitness centre facilities.
- It is recommended that participants consult with their doctor or seek medical advice prior to starting any exercise programme.
- When attending the fitness centre or group fitness classes, you must swipe your card, even if the door is open.
- Equipment may only be used for purpose and not for commercial advantage without consultation and agreement by council.
- Only personal trainers contracted by Council may operate from the facility.
Group fitness class rules
- All members must swipe their card each time they attend a class - this records attendance.
- All group fitness classes are booked through a booking system. Please contact the Centre to making a booking.
- Please respect other customers who could be waiting for a place in class, if you are unable to attend you must cancel and you have up to 15 minutes before class to do this.
- Due to high demand for class space, a $25 penalty will be charged to your account if you have pre-booked and not turned up.
- No children under the age of 16 are allowed to participate in classes.
- Non-marking sport shoes must be worn as street shoes mark the floor and heels will damage the floor.
- No food (including chewing gum and lollies) is permitted in the stadium.
- Only water in drink bottles is allowed – no glass bottles.
- Children are the responsibility of parents at all times. Children under the age of 8 years must be supervised by a parent or caregiver older than 16 years at all times.
- No balls are allowed to be kicked in the stadium except soft, specially designed futsal balls.
- 24 Hour Emergency Exit doors are alarmed and should only be used in event of an emergency.
- Appropriate sport clothing must be worn at all times – no bare chests
We thank you for your cooperation, enjoy your visit.
Last updated: 10 May 2017