Under the Local Government Act 2002, Council is required to produce a Local Governance Statement after each triennial election.
The statement explains how Council works and how it involves the public in decision-making and the aim of this document is to help everyone understands how Council operates and how they can have their say, therefore promoting local democracy.
Grey District Council Local Governance Statement (PDF, 363KB)
It includes information on:
- Council functions, responsibilities and activities
- How Councillors are elected
- The roles and conduct of elected members
- Council meetings
- Public access to staff and elected members
- Key planning and policy documents