Model General Bylaw Review
Last year Council consulted on their Model General Bylaws and at the March meeting Council adopted the following Bylaws adapted for Grey District Council purposes:
- Grey District Council Fires in the Open Air
- Grey District Council Hostels
- Grey District Council Introduction
- Grey District Council Public Places
- Grey District Council The Keeping of Animals, Poultry and Bees
You can view the adopted Bylaws here.
Council recently consulted on a Cemeteries Bylaw. The draft Cemeteries Bylaw (intended to replace the previous model general Bylaw, The Cemetery Monument Standards and the Pre-Purchase of Cemetery Plots) was developed to provide conditions and enforceability for Council in its administration and oversight of the district’s Cemeteries.
Three submissions were received and these were heard and considered by Council in March. The final bylaw was approved with minor amendments. You can read the submissions in the March agenda and Councils final decision here. The final Bylaw is available to view below.
Cemeteries Bylaw (PDF, 314KB)
Significance and Engagement Policy review
Formal transfer of navigational powers
- The power to appoint a Harbourmaster
- The power to appoint Enforcement Officers
- The power to erect and maintain navigational aids in accordance with maritime rules
- The power to make bylaws
Draft CBD Redevelopment Plan
- Council to directly engage with Māwhera Incorporation on potential changes to the plan.
- Further engagement with the CBD Redevelopment Forum.
West Coast Regional Waste Minimisation and Management Plan