Issued: 18 May 2020.
Submissions close: Monday 22 June 2020 at 5pm.
What is being proposed?
Why is this being proposed?
What are the options?
This is Council's preferred option.
- Signage size, condition, placement, and number of allowed signs still be contained in one Bylaw with regulations of Street Signage, causing less confusion for the end user.
- The amendments included in the Signage Bylaw are consistent with the current Grey District Plan.
Do not adopt the proposed Signage Bylaw and continue with the existing two bylaws, ie Model General Bylaw – Control of Advertising Signs (NZS 9201:Part 8:1999) and the Street Signage Bylaw.
How to have your say
- Does not meet Council's obligations under the Long Term Plan 2018-2028 for sustainable management of the environment, or the purpose of Local Government in providing efficient, effective , and appropriate regulatory functions.
- The Model General Bylaw - Control of Advertising Signs (NZS 9201:Part 8:1999) is no longer fit for purpose and contains clauses that are inconsistent with the District Plan.
- The Street Signage Bylaw remains as a separate bylaw and therefore could be considered confusing for the end user.
Residents are strongly encouraged to have a say. Please take the time to read all bylaws, current and proposed, and have your say today.
All submissions must be in writing. We will accept submissions in the following format:
- Council submission form – online or paper
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Written submissions posted to Grey District Council, PO Box 382, Greymouth or hand-delivered to 105 Tainui Street, Greymouth
You are welcome to address Council in person on your submission – if you wish to do this, please clearly indicate this in your submission. Council will hear and consider submissions at a meeting after the close-off date.
Every submission made to the Council will be acknowledged in accordance with the Local Government Act 2002, copied and made available to the public.
Submissions close at 5pm on Monday 22 June 2020.
Draft Signage Bylaw (PDF, 299KB)
Street Signage Bylaw (PDF, 187KB)
Pt8-1999_Signs (PDF, 244KB)
Summary of proposal (hard copy of above information) (PDF, 422KB)