Annual Plan 2020/2021
Why has the Council not consulted this year?
Contestable Grants Fund
What's included in the 2020/2021 Annual Plan
- Rates examples (PDF, 846KB)
- Westland Recreation Centre fees will increase by around 3%. It is noted this is the first increase for the pool in ten years and the first increase for the gym and stadium in three years.
- Solid waste fees (i.e. McLeans Landfill and Resource Centres) will increase by 10% due to increased costs to Council to meet our obligations under the Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS).
- Noise control fees, i.e. callouts and seizure of equipment, will increase to recover the cost associated with this activity from the exacerbators.
- Increases to building consent fees to ensure that we have the correct balance of user pays versus ratepayer input, i.e. users are covering more of the costs (as per our Revenue and Financing Policy).
- Rentals for new tenants in our retirement housing units from 1 July 2020 will be approximately 25% of gross NZ Superannuation. Existing tenants will have a $5 per week increase in their weekly rent (from 7 September 2020) for the next two years to bring them into alignment with the new rates, following which annual increases will be as per our policy.
- No change to Port fees.
- Increases of around 2-3% (in line with inflation) to most other fees and charges for 2020/2021.
Page reviewed: 04 Jun 2020 3:15pm