Funding rounds for the Sport New Zealand Rural Travel Fund are in April and September each year. Applications forms will be available on our website or from our offices when funding rounds are open.
Applications for the rural travel fund is open to rural sports clubs and rural schools teams with young people aged between 5 – 19 years who require subsidies to assist with transport expenses to local sporting competitions.
Sport club teams and School club teams are defined as:
- a sports club team participating in organised sport competition through club membership outside of school time; and/or
- a school club team participating in local sport competition in weekends, that exclude inter school and intra school competitions played during school time.
Applications can only be made by clubs and schools within the Grey District area.
Recipients from the second funding round of 2018/2019 include:
- Greymouth Hockey Club
- Greymouth Marist Rugby Club
- John Paul 2 High School
- Marist Rugby League Juniors
- Paroa Junior Soccer Club
- Waro-Rakau Rugby League
ROUND NOW OPEN
- Grey District Council offices
- Runanga Service Centre
- Grey District Library