Funding rounds for the Sport New Zealand Rural Travel Fund are in April and September each year. Applications forms will be available from below or from our offices when funding rounds are open.
FUNDING ROUND CURRENTLY OPEN!
The Sport New Zealand Rural Travel Fund is currently open!
You can download the application form and the guidelines from below.
Sport New Zealand Application Form (PDF, 162KB)
Sport New Zealand Rural Travel Fund Guidelines (PDF, 513KB)
For more information about the fund please contact:
Applications for the rural travel fund is open to rural sports clubs and rural schools teams with young people aged between 5 – 19 years who require subsidies to assist with transport expenses to local sporting competitions.
Sport club teams and School club teams are defined as:
- a sports club team participating in organised sport competition through club membership outside of school time; and/or
- a school club team participating in local sport competition at weekends, that exclude inter school and intra school competitions played during school time.
Applications can only be made by clubs and schools within the Grey District area.
Recipients from the 2019/2020 funding rounds include:
- Greymouth Amateur Swimming Club
- CSC Netball Club
- Karoro Hockey Club
- Paroa Junior Soccer
- Waro-Rakau Rugby League Schoolboys
- Marist Rugby Football Club
- Greymouth Hockey Club