Dredging of Greymouth Port
The Port of Greymouth Lagoon is currently undergoing a dredging operation. This means that entry and exit to the Port may be restricted at times. The dredging operation is anticipated to last until mid January 2019.
To facilitate this dredging operation, we advise that the following navigation buoys and beacons have been removed:
- East Cardinal mark at the Lagoon entrance
- Port and Starboard Lateral marks within the Lagoon area
We ask that users please note the following general navigation advice:
- All vessels are to keep close to the wharf on the eastern side when entering the Lagoon.
- Do not pass on the southern side of the compass pole in the centre of the Lagoon.
- Navigational channels for the eastern and western berths are 30m wide.
- Do not attempt to cross the centre of the Lagoon.
For advice or if you have any questions, please contact Port of Greymouth staff on 03 768 5666.
Page reviewed: 06 Dec 2018 4:06pm