Last updated: 18 May 2020 (refer * UPDATES * below)
Grey District Council arrangements for Covid-19 Alert Level 2.
Please see below information on how Council’s services will be operating during the Covid-19 Alert Level 2 stage. Before you visit a Council facility please ensure that you or someone else from your household is not feeling unwell, it is advised that anyone feeling unwell should stay home.
At all of our Council facilities we will be taking the below steps to ensure we are doing everything we can to follow the government's guidelines for keeping our community safe.
- Physical distancing will be required by customers and employees.
- Contact tracing forms will be completed by anyone entering a facility.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided for use before entry.
- Anyone feeling unwell will not be granted entry.
Council Office (105 Tainui Street) **(Updated 18 May)**
Counter services are available to the public from Monday 18 May between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday. It is recommended that you phone 03 769 8600 to make an appointment before visiting to ensure we can keep the number of people inside the building to a minimum.
Council staff will also continue to work remotely and to provide services to the community. You can contact us via phone 03 769 8600 (monitored between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday) or email email@example.com. We will also be updating and monitoring our website and Council Facebook page.
We will continue to maintain and operate the following services and facilities:
- Roading, Water supply, Stormwater and Wastewater (sewerage)
- Civil Defence
- Port of Greymouth
- Cemeteries – Please abide by the physical distancing rules.
- Refuse and recycling collection Will continue as normal, you can read more details below.
- Public toilets Open with routine cleaning.
- Retirement Housing - Council is keeping in regular contact with tenants in its retirement housing units.
- Animal Control – Will continue as normal with physical distancing and contact tracing in place.
- Council meetings - To comply with Government
restrictions on gathering numbers, meetings will be held via a mixture of
in person and remotely. Meetings will be live streamed. Watch our website
- Boats ramps - Open
- Applications for building consents/resource consents/LIMs – Will continue as normal. If you wish to talk to staff, please phone the office first to make
- Building consent inspections – Will continue as normal with physical distancing and contact tracing as well as following guidelines from the construction industry. If you wish to talk to staff, please phone the office first to make an appointment.
- Compliance - Operating as normal - If you wish to talk to staff please phone the office first to make an appointment.
Rates - Payments can be made via internet banking, bill payment or online credit card payment as per normal. Direct debits will be processed as per normal. Council counter services are available to the public between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday. It is recommended that you phone 03 769 8600 to make an appointment before visiting to ensure we can keep the number of people inside the building to a minimum. We are aware that some people are having financial difficulties at the moment due to COVID-19 and we have a couple of options available for rates relief. This includes rates remissions for people or businesses who have had a decrease in their revenue and we are about to publicly consult on a Rates Postponement Policy. To read more about rates relief you can click here.
Grey District Library
Library Request & Collect Service
Although the Library will be closed to the public from Thursday 14 May 2020 to Friday 24 May 2020, a Request & Collect Service will be available from 9.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Customers can phone 768 5597 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request material to be selected and loaned to them. The material can be collected within 48 hours – time will be confirmed during a phone call or via email. A limit of 12 items will be loaned to an individual.
Once the Library building re-opens to customers on Monday 25 May the Request & Collect Service will be limited to afternoons 2pm to 5pm Monday to Friday.
From Monday 25 May the Library will re-open to customers from 9.30am to 12.30pm Monday to Friday to come in to borrow materials. Unfortunately, at Level 2 access to computers will not be possible, or the ability to spend time in the Library to read newspapers or magazines; the building will only be open for customers to return library materials and borrow more material to take home.
The Library's free wifi has been reconnected and is now available from 8am to 8pm from outside the Library building. Please remember to maintain social distancing.
People who do not have the internet connected at home because the cost is a factor can request a free modem via the Skinny Jump initiative. Recipients would then pay $5.00 for 30GB of data and can top up a maximum of five times each month. Those interested can phone 027 403 1796 or email email@example.com and provide your address so we can check if you have coverage.
Westland Recreation Centre
The gym and group fitness (Les Mills) classes will reopen and resume under Alert Level 2. To ensure we are following government guidelines, we are putting the below restrictions in place:
- Entry to the facility can be made only through the main entrance doors, no access will be allowed through the stadium doors this is to ensure contact tracing.
- Physical distancing must be maintained at all times from staff and customers.
- You will be required to provide contact information on entry to the facility to comply with the compulsory contact tracing.
- Group Fitness Classes will resume from Monday 18 May 2020 (please note: Helen's Over 50's Class will resume at a later date). Due to restricted numbers Group Fitness classes will be accessible via bookings only. Please phone 03 768 9076 to make a booking.
- The Supervised Play Area remains closed until further notice.
- The Group Fitness Room is only available for classes, no individual use.
- Workout sessions are restricted to one hour per person and one visit per day.
- Please bring your own yoga mats and boxing gloves, these will not be available to use.
- Please bring your own filled water bottle. No water stations or drinking fountains can be used. Bottled water will be sold at reception.
- Use only allocated change rooms if necessary.
- No showers are available under Level 2
- No casual stadium use allowed under Level 2.
- Sports team training are as per stadium bookings only.
- Sports teams are responsible to clean their own equipment after use.
- No spectators in the stadium under Level 2.
- The Foyer, Activity Room and Club Rooms are not available until further notice.
- Customers must follow the instruction of staff at all times.
Please note: The Westland Recreation Centre pool, spa and sauna will remain closed due to maintenance working being carried out, to read more please click here.
Spring Creek Pool
Spring Creek Pool is available for lane swimming:
- Bookings are essential, please call the Westland Recreation Centre on 03 768 9076 at least a day before you wish to book.
- No showers are available under Level 2.
- If this facility does not get used by the public, it may be decided that it is closed until it can reopen in December 2020.
Runanga Service Centre and Community Library
Remains closed to the public.
Freedom camping sites
People who are camping in our district are encouraged to use campervan park businesses and support our local economy. Council owned Freedom Camping sites (Cobden Bridge Site, Cobden Tiphead Site, Blaketown Tiphead, and Iveagh Bay sites) remain closed to the public present due to Government contact tracing requirements.
Playgrounds are open to the public under Level 2, please ensure you use physical distancing and stay away if you are feeling unwell.
Please note: Some playground equipment will continue to be blocked off to the public, this is due to upgrade work continuing to be complete to comply with new playground equipment safety standards.
Dog parks and Reserves
Open to the public, please ensure you use physical distancing and stay away if you are feeling unwell.
McLean’s Pit Landfill & Recycling Centre
Customers can expect some delays when visiting either of these two sites. Customers should stay in their vehicles unless unloading products into bins or bays. Customers should limit the time spent outside their vehicles and maintain good physical distancing and practice good hygiene at all times.
Open per normal with following changes; Eftpos and PayWave payments are preferred in all instances however, cash payments will be accepted from level 2. Businesses with existing accounts can use these. Contact tracing information from each customer (name, address phone number and time of access), will be collected at the weighbridge before material can be dumped.
Customers are to stay in their vehicles when at weighbridge and staff will come to them while ensuring physical distancing.
Two customer bays will be set up at the dumping pit, to ensure physical distancing between customers.
Open per normal. All recycling will be accepted during this time, via the usual bins etc.
Two customer bays will be set up at the greenwaste delivery area, to ensure physical distancing between customers.
Kerbside Recycling Collections
The sorting of commingled recyclables from kerb collections and those brought to McLean’s Pit Recycling Centre, will re-commence from Monday 18 May 2020.
We remind kerb side collection customers, that materials put in their yellow wheelie bins should be cleaned and comply with the products accepted for this service.
Approved clean products are;
- Glass bottled and jars
- Plastics = 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Tin and aluminium cans
Customers are reminded that wheelie bins found to have non approved items in them, constitutes a breach of the Council’s Solid Waste Bylaw.
Resource Centres – Moana, Blackball & Nelson Creek
- Operating as normal.
- All customers are required to ensure they practice good hygiene and physical distancing when using these facilities.
We have been updating our website with information as the situation develops - you can read updates here. For more information, please visit the official website, www.covid19.govt.nz.
Please follow all instructions from the Government and keep yourselves, friends and family safe.