Trial Closure of Town Square Ends
The trial closure that has been in place in the Tainui Shared Street/Town Square area every weekend and public holiday from Friday 18 December 2020 ended on the morning of Tuesday 6 April 2021. The closure was put in place by Council as a trial to see what did and didn’t work well within the space and to improve the vibrancy and atmosphere within the Greymouth CBD.
We would like to thank everyone who used the space and attended one or all of the fantastic events that were held over the trial period.
Council would also like to thank all residents, businesses and visitors who took the time to take part in the survey and provided feedback on the trial closure.
A report will now be compiled and presented to Council to make a decision on the future of the Tainui Shared Street/ Town Square space. Council would like to say a special thank you to Westroads Greymouth and Aratuna Freighters for their assistance with the closure each week.
Did you attend any of the fantastic events that were on in the Town Square during the trial? Here’s a recap of some of the events.
- Busking Day - Saturday 19 December 2020
- Candyland Carnival - Saturday 16 January 2021
- Rotary Street Fare - Sunday 14 February 2021
- Pop Up Market - Saturday 30 January 2021
- Friday Night Street Eats - Various Fridays during the trial
- International Day of Happiness - Saturday 20 March 2021
- Easter Bunny Street Eats - Thursday 1 April 2021.
Page reviewed: 08 Apr 2021 11:32am