Purpose of Civic Awards
The Grey District Council likes to acknowledge the outstanding voluntary community service of our citizens.
Nominations for Civic Awards are sought in May/June each year and successful candidates are presented with their Award by the Mayor at a ceremony at Council.
Nomination forms and guidelines can be obtained from Grey District Council offices at 105 Tainui Street, Runanga Service Centre and the Grey District Library.
Further information can be obtained by phone: 03 744 7149
or email: email@example.com
To download a nomination form click the below link.
Civic Award Nomination Paper - 2020 (PDF, 277KB)
Nominations close at 4.00pm on Friday 17 July 2020.
- Nominations are sought in May/June each year.
- Up to five (5) awards will be granted each year.
- The successful candidates, with their immediate families and nominators, are invited to a ceremony where awards will be presented.
Guidelines for Civic Awards
- Nominations for an Award are restricted to individuals with at least ten (10) years community service. Only in exceptional circumstances will nominations of clubs or societies be considered.
- The qualifying categories include recreation, youth activities, social welfare, education services, cultural affairs, religious affairs, and community affairs.
- Individuals must be nominated by at least two other persons.
- To assist the selection panel, information given concerning nominees should include full details of their community service to all organisations, not just the one the nominators are representing. (Lack of detailed information could result in the nominee missing out on the Civic Award.)
- Nominees not successful in any one year may be re-nominated in subsequent years. Unsuccessful nominations shall not be carried forward to the following year.
- Note: Nominees who have already received a National or Royal Honour will not be eligible unless in very special circumstances.
Nominations are restricted to individuals, although clubs and societies will be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- Youth activities
- Social welfare
- Education services
- Cultural affairs
- Religious affairs
- Community affairs