Complaints process

​​​A customer has a right to appeal or to complain about any building control function the building consent authority (BCA) has undertaken and have this heard and resolved.

 Grey District Council Building Consent Authority Complaints Policy (PDF, 80KB)

Complaints provide feedback about service experience and give us the opportunity to improve our performance. You can phone us on 03 769 8608 if you wish to make a general enquiry. If, however, you feel a more formal complaint process is necessary, your complaint must be made in writing. You can use the online feedback form here, email or send a letter to Grey District Council, PO Box 382, Greymouth 7840.

If you are still unhappy or choose to use an alternative route to settle a matter of doubt or dispute, you may apply to Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, MBIE, for either a determination or alternative resolution guidance. Visit the MBIE website for further information on this service.

Page reviewed: 06 Jul 2020 10:06am