CBD Redevelopment Plan
Greymouth CBD Redevelopment Plan
- Making sure that the business community has strong, inclusive representation and input.
- Making the CBD more visually appealing through the introduction of trees and other greenery and introduction of colour and lighting.
- Introducing a stronger heritage focus, noting that our existing architecture is one of the defining aspects of the CBD and that upgrading existing buildings could be economically more efficient than building new buildings. Affordability of commercial space is an important focus.
- Introducing a stronger Iwi character in a CBD that is owned by the Iwi and which has a rich connection with Maoridom.
- Introducing a stronger residential component within the CBD in the form of second story residential apartments and, depending on the market, potentially a formal housing area. This initiative is especially important given the focus on generating a vibrant night life and foot traffic.
- Improving our gateways (entrances to town).
Page reviewed: 20 Mar 2020 4:31pm