Registration of food businesses
What is a Food Control Plan (FCP)?
What is a National Programme?
Events, markets, food stalls
Selling food as a fundraiser
- Provided by members of sports clubs, social clubs or marae – where food is not the purpose of the event.
- Once in a calendar year at an event such as a local fair.
- However, you will have to register under the Act if you're:
- Fundraising more than 20 times a year.
- Catering events at clubs, or selling food at club bars or restaurants.
- Bartering or exchanging food commercially.
- Selling food commercially at fairs, markets, or community events more than once a year.
Complaints about a food business
- Rubbish dumped outside the premises
- Food display or storage
- Food hygiene practices
- Foreign object found in food
- Smells coming from a food premises
- Food safety issues
- Illegal operation of food business
Page reviewed: 12 Aug 2019 3:56pm