Resource Consents

If you are intending to subdivide, build or change the current activity on your property, you may require resource consent to do so. If you wish to undertake a rezone of your property, or make changes to provisions in the District Plan, a plan change application will be required. Information on how to gain approval for your activity can be found by clicking on the relevant tabs below.

Some activities may also require resource consent from the West Coast Regional Council - see the following checklist.

 Checklist for persons undertaking activities that may require Resource Consent (PDF, 85KB)
The Ministry for the Environment has useful information on their website.

Please contact the Planning Department if you have any queries, email or phone 03 769 8607.

Page reviewed: 26 Jul 2018 11:26am