News & Events
Covid-19 Traffic Light System
New Zealand moves to the COVID-19 Protection Framework, also known as the traffic light system, from Friday 3 December 2021. The West Coast region will move to ORANGE.
Changes to memberships and fees and charges from 12 July 2021
We are excited to announce new membership options available to the community. Westland Recreation Centre Manager Nelia Heersink says “We want the sports and leisure centre of our district to be accessible and have options to suit as many community members as possible and we believe the new membership options available reflect this”.
The Westland Recreation Centre’s new membership options will be available to purchase from 12 July 2021. We also remind the community of our 15% discounts for pay upfront memberships during the month of August. See below for details of the extended weekly memberships. People can also pay in full – see our website for full details.
To see other fees and charges for our facility please click here.
Our new operating hours for the hydroslides are:
|Monday, Wednesday and Friday||3.30pm to 6.30pm|
|Saturday||12.30pm to 4.30pm|
|Sunday||11am to 4.30pm|
|Public holidays||12.30pm to 4.30pm|
Did you know both the Westland Recreation Centre and Spring Creek Pool are Poolsafe approved pools? Being an approved Poolsafe pool means customers can expect:
- Fully qualified and well trained lifeguards
- A high standard of water quality
- Robust health and safety systems
- Best practise policies and procedures
It also means both facilities need to comply with Poolsafe approved supervision rules, which are:
- Children under 8 years old need to be actively supervised by a parent or caregiver who is over the age of 16 years old. Actively supervised means watched from poolside or in the water with them.
- Children under 5 years of age need to be directly supervised (within arm's reach) of their parent of caregiver, who is over the age of 16. Children under the age of 5 cannot be in the combined pool without their parent/ caregiver. Children under the age of 5 can be in the baby beach alone if their parent is still within arms reach of that child.
We take pride in ensuring we are providing our customers with a safe and fun environment.
You can always view our latest timetable online - it details all group fitness and aquacise classes.
Seniors' gym special - just $5!
Check out this special deal for our senior citizens (65 years plus). Monday to Friday between 10am and 2pm, seniors can use the gym for just $5.