News & Events
Stay up to date with news and events at the Westland Recreation Centre. Make sure you also follow us on Facebook.
Page last updated: 27 May 2021.
Our new operating hours for the hydroslides are:
|Monday, Wednesday and Friday||3.30pm to 6.30pm|
|Saturday||12.30pm to 4.30pm|
|Sunday||11am to 4.30pm|
|Public holidays||12.30pm to 4.30pm|
Annual Maintenace is complete
Our annual maintenance is now complete and we are pleased to announce that the pools will be open from Thursday 13 May - 4 days ahead of schedule.
Huge thanks to all our team and contractors who have worked extremely hard to get everything done way ahead of time.
Swim School and Aqua classes will resume on Monday as planned.
All pools will be open for recreational and lane swimming from 6am TOMORROW. We look forward to seeing you all back in the water!
Did you know both the Westland Recreation Centre and Spring Creek Pool are Poolsafe approved pools? Being an approved Poolsafe pool means customers can expect:
- Fully qualified and well trained lifeguards
- A high standard of water quality
- Robust health and safety systems
- Best practise policies and procedures
It also means both facilities need to comply with Poolsafe approved supervision rules, which are:
- Children under 8 years old need to be actively supervised by a parent or caregiver who is over the age of 16 years old. Actively supervised means watched from poolside or in the water with them.
- Children under 5 years of age need to be directly supervised (within arm's reach) of their parent of caregiver, who is over the age of 16. Children under the age of 5 cannot be in the combined pool without their parent/ caregiver. Children under the age of 5 can be in the baby beach alone if their parent is still within arms reach of that child.
We take pride in ensuring we are providing our customers with a safe and fun environment.
You can always view our latest timetable online - it details all group fitness and aquacise classes.
Seniors' gym special - just $5!
Check out this special deal for our senior citizens (65 years plus). Monday to Friday between 10am and 2pm, seniors can use the gym for just $5.